July 9, 2009

I hate running...

... just because I'm insanely jealous of all those fit skinny people that can run long distances. I've always been a sprinter. Ever since I was little. I could out race anyone in a short footrace - but just died when it came to stamina.

However being laid off recently, I'm going stir crazy. I have no goals (other than the obvious to find a job) and no drive to do much of anything.

So I've decided to become that which I am not. A runner. Not just a runner - a decent runner. Able to finish a 5K in under 30 mins.

I bought new running shoes and the Nike Plus to help me track my progress and am forcing myself to go go go...

Race #1:
Columbus Clippers 5K Aug 1st




1 comment:

Derek A. Friday said...

Nice work on the running goal, keep it up and increase mileage everyday, even if it's only a block or two. Keep me posted and follow Finndustry will yah?
I can't wait to see what your little icon would be on my home page.

Good luck with the race.
Derek